Welcome to Jeet Kune Do Kali Association Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Announcing LAMECO Sparring Night @ Fighting Method University

Last post 12-31-2008, 9:07 PM by Tracy Frost. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-28-2008, 7:29 PM 1283

Announcing LAMECO Sparring Night @ Fighting Method University

Announcing LAMECO Sparring Night!  Every second Thursday of the month, Fighting Method University is hosting a stick fighting evening.  Sparring begins at 7:30pm, so if you'd like to stretch and warm up, please show up at least 15 minutes early.  This is not a "teaching" session; it will be sparring only.  Even if you are not a LAMECO practioner, feel free to join in; all stick fighters welcome.

We are opening up the doors for an open grappling night once per month (2nd Thursday) @ 7:30pm. The house rules are pretty straight forward:

1. Shower Wink
    2. Leave any ego at the door.
    3. Practice the Preserve Your Partner Program.
    4. Accept the refs call (although it is not a competition, I'll be monitoring everything closely to ensure a safe and productive environment; and will do everything I can to ensure such.)
    5. Accept and sign the release of liability waiver.
    6. You and your sparring partner agree on the rules prior to sparring.
    7. You will need to wear an escrima or hocky helmet and hockey/lacrosse (or similar) gloves. 
    8. LAMECO padded sticks will be provided; if you're more comfortable using SMAK sticks, you are welcome to bring your own.

Basically this is just a chance for everyone to spar with those they don't normally work out with. Again, it is not a competition; but rather a healthy environment to experiement and grow. If you can't respect that concept, it's not the place for you. If you can, you're more than welcome to stop by.

If you have any questions, private message me or feel free to give me a call.

Fighting Method University
    3502 Williams Road
    Fort Worth, TX 76116

ory Smith Jeet Kune Do Kali Association - Co-Founder Fighting Method University - Chief Instructor10C
  •  12-31-2008, 9:07 PM 1287 in reply to 1283

Re: Announcing LAMECO Sparring Night @ Fighting Method University

All right! Sounds like some bone smashing good fun! See you guys there.

Tracy HD

verybody is Kung-Fu fighting www.dppfilms.com10E
View as RSS news feed in XML