Welcome to Jeet Kune Do Kali Association Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

LAMECO DFW

Last post 05-01-2009, 5:25 PM by Tracy Frost. 13 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-16-2007, 12:19 PM 936

LAMECO DFW

Attention everyone, I am pleased to announce that we have started a backyard training group in DFW for LAMECO Eskrima (http://www.lamecoeskrima.com/) We will meet and train every Sunday afternoon at 1pm and go for about 3 or 4 hours. Training and sharing techniques, concepts, principals and training methods of late Punong Guro Edgar G. Sulite Sr. founder of LAMECO Eskrima.

Our first training session was this past Sunday the 15th. We had a great turn out Sunday for our first group. We began with footwork and worked our way to sparring. Everyone had a good time and I see that I might need to find a larger place for us to train soon.

If you are in this area and would like to attend the group please contact me at tracyfrost@dogpackproductions.com or private message me here.

Tracy Frost

verybody is Kung-Fu fighting www.dppfilms.com10E
    Filed under:
  •  07-17-2007, 9:11 PM 938 in reply to 936

Re: LAMECO DFW

Tracy my brother. I am proud you have started the LAMECO Training group and I am very greatful that you have put this together in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area. I will do my best to make the trip up there at least once a month to join you guys and take my turn at having everyone beat on me with sticks. I am working on securing a location down here. I have a few guys that I work out with now but I have to admit that with the heat and humidity of being outside here in Texas (not to mention the mosquitos) takes its toll on the class.

We will definately make it a point to visit each other. In the near future when we both have the groups a little larger and more trained we will have to bring the groups together so we can all get to know each other and keep it family. We have to start early to prevent any kind of politics  from getting started. Its all about training and passing on the art of LAMECO to honor Punong Guro Edgar Sulite and those we have trained with like Guro Roger Agbulos, Guro Felix Valencia and Guro Dave Gould and Guro Larry Hartsell.

Peace my brother and I will see you next week for the tournament.

P.S. bring your sticks and blades..... :)

Tim McFatridge
    Co-Founder of the JKD Kali Association
    Owner and Head Instructor of ISG Martial Arts in Waco, Tx.
    https://www.isgmartialarts.com
    www.jkdkali.com
  •  07-20-2007, 2:58 PM 940 in reply to 938

LAMACO DFW Group meeting Sunday 21st of July at Watauga Family Fitness in Watauga TX. at 1pm

Tracy

Filed under:
  •  07-30-2007, 12:25 AM 947 in reply to 940

Another great turn out for the LAMECO DFW group this Sunday past July 29th. The group is growing and the fights are really getting fun. We started the day with some footwork drills and then we worked with blade in hand on some basic striking angles 1-8. Played with the crossada drill and moved to the stick doing the same drill. We started at Largo and move to Medio. Then on to the prac/app, yeah sparring! We put on the head, hockey gloves and grabbed the sticks; we didn't stop till everyone had a turn or two. I even got to go a round with my 13 year old daughter, who took the opportunity to get a few well placed hits in on her old dad(man getting old is fun).

Well that’s it for the update, next Sunday we gather again, so come on out and play.

Tracy Frost

p.s here: I would like to thank our LAMECO brother, Guro Roger Agbulos S.O.G. for his guidance and encouragement to start this LAMECO group. Thank you brother.

Filed under:
  •  07-31-2007, 4:29 PM 952 in reply to 947

Ok LAMECO people, We will not have LAMECO group the Sunday of August 26th. That is the weekend that Guro Dan will be in town so thats where we'll be.

http://www.inosanto.com/adobedocs/200708_inosanto_texas.pdf

Tracy

LAMECO DFW

•  07-31-2007, 8:46 PM 956 in reply to 952

Maybe we can catch up with Guro Dan on Sunday. We can leave Saturday from Sweetwater right after the training and I can crash with you or Cory and get up SUnday and go

Tim McFatridge
    www.jkdkali.com
  •  08-01-2007, 2:49 PM 957 in reply to 956

Yes sir Tim, sounds good to me
  •  08-06-2007, 5:42 PM 965 in reply to 957

LAMECO DFW update:  This past Sunday Aug 5th training group was awesome! We started with some footwork and moved to the knife, a quick review of the angles and then on to some hubud drills and progress to alive training. Yep on to the fights. We had some great fights from the first timers to the old guys like me. The first of the fights were head to head bash a smash, lots of power shots and swinging for the fence. After all the blood and sweat Cory suggested we go for technique and a accuracy, so Cory and I got out for a round and went for targeted shots, less power and more accuracy. That was a lot of fun.

Well we are meeting again next Sunday the 12th at 1pm at Watauga Family Fitness in Watauga Tx.

Tracy Frost

LAMECO DFW

Filed under:
  •  08-15-2007, 10:22 PM 970 in reply to 965

LAMECO DFW update: Another good turn out for the group this past Sunday Aug 12th. It was a small group so we hit our foot work and tthen quick to some knife work and onto the fighting. I will say that by the end of the day we all learned and for some of us old guys we relearned the value of safty gear. The "cup" to be precise. Yes we all wear groin protection now, Cory will have a video up on the site soon to show what I mean. (love video)

Well we are meeting again this coming Sunday the 19th around 1pm at Watauga family Fitness in Watauga TX.

see you there!

Tracy Frost

Filed under:
  •  08-23-2007, 6:44 PM 975 in reply to 970

LAMECO DFW update: No group this Sunday the 26th of Aug. We are going to the Dan Inosanto seminar in Southlake TX. get some LAMECO from Guro Dan

Tracy.

Filed under:
  •  10-29-2007, 8:26 PM 1009 in reply to 975

LAMECO DFW update: Reinspired and motivated by the seminar this past weekend with Guro Roger Agbulos, we have decided to start meeting once every month to train LAMECO. I will post the next date sometime within the next week. So, come on out and train some of the awesome stuff Guro Roger imparted to us.

Tracy Frost

Filed under: ,
  •  10-30-2007, 9:40 AM 1012 in reply to 1009

Tracy,

I am glad to hear that you are starting the LAMECO group back up. It will be good to have a group in the Fort Worth that meet on a regular basis. Remember yo ucan always come down here by yourself or with your guys to train LAMECO with me. I have a great spot that sits right on the Brazos River that is only a few minutes from my house. There are lots big Oak and Pecan trees that provide shade and a nice big cliff across the river that makes for a good back drop. You know you can always crash at my place brother. It will be like old times when you and I were much younger (and faster) and would do the live stick fighting in the parks in Fort Worth.

Tim  

Tim McFatridge
    www.jkdkali.com
  •  01-21-2008, 5:55 PM 1086 in reply to 1012

LAMECO DFW Update:  We are doing an hour and half work session this Friday  01/25/2008 from 1:30pm to 3pm call or post if you wish to attend.

Tracy Frost

Filed under: ,
  •  05-01-2009, 5:25 PM 1299 in reply to 1086

LAMECO DFW Update: ISGMMA Tim McFatridge is bringing in our Lameco brother/Guro Roger Agbulos Astig Lameco on June 27th 2009 in North Richland Hills Tx. just North of FTW. Check forum page>Flyer Seminar Info

View as RSS news feed in XML